Friday, May 9, 2014

We all love okra

One of my most successful feats as a parent. Voicing my anticipation, I took the first bite in their presence, after which I made many exclamations about its flavor, texture and bouncy seeds. They tried a few bites, and loved it.
We have eight plants that are just starting to bear fruit.


We love it broiled with salt, pepper and olive oil.


As a side note, I can't pass up on updating about another perfect moment in homeschooling history at our house. Here, Anna is studying the Chinese phonetic system, and Joseph is teaching Lydia how to read. This delicate moment of pure education lasted for about twenty whole minutes!


Thanks, again, Kristie, for this book! We borrowed it from the library for Joseph and Anna, but received our very own for Lydia. I'm so glad I face no pressure to return it before it is overdue, since we are really taking our time with Lydia. The book is called, "Teach Your Child How to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." This is definitely taking more than 100 days.
I actually need to find a way to convince Joseph and Anna to take over completely. They are infinitely more patient with Lydia than I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment