Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lydia


 I wish everyone could fly over here and watch Lydia's lips move. Sometimes when she is talking, I get up real close just to watch them flap all around her bright white pebble teeth. And then there's her voice - so chirpy! These past few days, she has been puzzling over the concept of love (...or death...or both). She has created her own litmus test. Her little lips have already asked me over seven times, "Mommy, you don't want me to die?"  
"No, my cute girl, I don't want you to die!"
"Ow" (which really means "oh", but maybe her lips just can't contain themselves, and must open wider)
 Then it extended out to the aunts, "So Sara Ayi doesn't want me to die?" ..."Laura Ayi doesn't want me to die?"  By this time, it became a game, and she mentioned any name she could think of. Today, she reciprocated the love, "Mommy, I don't want you to die."
"Thank you, lovely lady! I don't want you to die either!"
I love her!

1 comment: